About Wassail Weekend
What is Wassail Weekend? It is just a fussy old English word for hot cider. Some downtown merchants will stir up their best recipe to give free tastings for all ages during the festivities of the annual Denton Holiday Lighting Festival, which falls on Friday, December 1, 2017, and tastings will be served from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.. In addition to Friday, more downtown merchants will give free tastings while you shop and dine downtown on Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or until the Wassail runs out.
Friday night's festivities will be the festival and tastings. Saturday will have some Wassail stops open, strolling musicians, and there will be some other activities that day with the Historic Homes Tour and some morning fun for the family at the Holiday Express Train, an event held by Denton County Friends of the Family.
The Holiday Express Train is a magical day of excitement beginning with a train ride on the Holiday Express (mimicking the old time favorite, The Polar Express) followed by brunch and family friendly activities at the "North Pole". When you finish up, bring the family around downtown for some free Wassail tastings and vote on your favorite. Click here for information and to get tickets for Holiday Express Train,
Tour the beautiful historic homes of the Oak-Hickory Historic District after some free Wassail tasting on Saturday. The tour is Saturday December 2nd from 1 to 5 p.m. The featured homes, representing several architectural styles, were built between 1895 and 1917 in an area within walking distance of the downtown square.Click here for information and to get tour tickets.
More information on Wassail stops and details, see below. We look forward to seeing you at Wassail Stops during the weekend.
For more information about Denton Holiday Lighting
Schedule for Wassail Weekend - Saturday Dec. 2nd (more details to come)
- 1 p.m. - Tastings start at Saturday participating locations until 4:00 p.m. or until Wassail supplies run out.
- 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Roaming musicians around the square an beyond:
- 1 - 2 pm - TB Winds Saxophone Quartet on Oak Street
- 2 - 3 pm - Alyssa Reynolds at Discover Denton Welcome Center
- 2 -3 pm - Link Chalon and Dave White strolling the square and beyond
- 3 - 4 pm - Jeff Glover strolling the square and beyond
- 4:30 p.m. - Voting ends so be sure to stop by the Discover Denton Welcome Center, 111 W. Hickory to get your list of hashtags for voting and cast your vote in the online ballot. See the link below.
How to vote for your favorite Wassail Stop
- Vote right here by clicking Vote Online
- Vote through Facebook and Instagram by posting a photo of your favorite Wassail and tag your favorite spot by using their hashtag from the list below.
- List of all the stops and the hashtags to use in voting on social media available at the Wassail Info table at the Discover Denton Welcome Center, 111 W. Hickory or check in store windows.
- *All voting begins Friday, Dec. 1st at 5:30 pm and must be completed in by 4:30 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 2nd to be eligible for drawings.
Participants List and voting #'s 2017
WASSAIL STOPS ARE OPEN FRI., 5:30 PM TO 8 PM AND SATURDAY, 1 PM - 4:00 PM, OR UNTIL SUPPLIES RUN OUT.
VOTE BY 4:30 PM SATURDAY.
SOME STOPS ARE ONLY SERVING ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY AND ARE NOTED. ALL OTHERS ARE SERVING ON BOTH DAYS.
PLEASE NOTE: Wassail Stops list of participants is subject to change. Keep checking back.
Locust Street & Beyond
- The DIME Store / #WWDDimeStore
- 510 S. Locust
- Vault Dance Company / #WWDVault
- 101 S. Locust (Basement)
- la di da Boutique / #WWDladida
- 114 N. Locust (Fri. only)
- Shop the Barn / #WWDShopTheBarn 116 N. Locust
- Recycled Books / #WWDRecycled (Fri. only)
- 200 N. Locust (Fri. only)
- Lucky Luck’s Beauty Bar/#WWDLuckyLocks
- 116 N. Austin (Fri. only)
- SCRAP Denton / #WWDScrap
- 420 Bell (Fri. only)
Oak Street & Beyond
- St. Andrew Presbyterian / #WWDStAndrew
- 300 W. Oak (Fri. only)
- A Creative Art Studio / #WWDArtStudio
- 227 W. Oak
- Circa 77 / #WWDCirca77
- 227A W. Oak
- Vintage Bleu Home / #WWDVintageBlue
- 221 W. Oak (Fri. only)
- 940’s Kitchen / #WWD940Kitchen
- 219 W. Oak (Sat. only)
- Captiva Salon and Spa / #WWDCaptiva
- 204 W. Oak
- J.T. Clothiers / #WWDJTClothiers
- 200 W. Oak (Fri. only)
- Dark Age Tattoo Studio/ #WWDDarkAge
- 124 W. Oak
- The (Ghost) Note / #WWDGhostNote
- 120 W. Oak
- West Oak Coffee Bar /#WWDWestOak
- 114 W. Oak (Fri. only)
- TB Winds / #WWDTBWinds (Sat. only)
- 112 W. Oak, Ste. 200
- Barley & Board / #WWDBarleyBoard
- 100 W. Oak (Fri. only)
- Massage on the Square / #WWDMassage
- 108 E. Oak (Fri. only)
- East Side Denton / #WWDEastSide
- 113 E. Oak
- Bearded Monk / #WWDBeardedMonk
- 122 W. McKinney (Fri. only)
- Denton County Brewing/#WWDDentonBrewing
- 200 E. McKinney (Fri. only)
- Oak Street Draft House/#WWDOakStreet
- 308 E. Oak
- Applejacks Liquors / #WWDApplejacks
- 345 W. Hickory (enter Oak St side)
Elm Street & Beyond
- Les Muses Vintage / #WWDLesMuses
- 738 N. Elm, Ste. 100
- The Zig Zag Stripe / #WWDZigZagStripe
- 207 N. Elm, Ste. 101 (Sat. only)
- Garden Gate / #WWDGardenGate
- 121 N. Elm (Fri. only)
- The Palm Tree Boutique/#WWDPalmTree
- 119 N. Elm (Fri. only)
- First People’s Jewelers / #WWDFPJewel
- 117 N. Elm (Fri. only)
- Cartwright’s Ranch House / #WWDCartwrights
- 111 N. Elm (Fri. only)
- UNT on the Square / #WWDUNT
- 109 Elm at UNT on the Square
- iHeart Dennton / #WWDiHeartDenton
- 101 N. Elm
- Agua Dulce / #WWDAgua
- 115 S. Elm
- Dusty’s Bar & Grill / #WWDDustys
- 119 S. Elm
- Game Changers Sports & Arcade /#WWDGameGhangers
- 122 W. Mulberry
- Mulberry Street Cantina/ #WWDMulberry
- 110 W. Mulberry
Hickory Street & Beyond
- LSA Burger Co. / #WWDLSA (Fri. only)
- 113 W. Hickory
- Discover Denton Welcome Center/#WWDWelcome
- 111 W. Hickory
- Chestnut Tree Tea House / #WWDChestnut
- 107 W. Hickory (Fri. only)
- Abbey Inn / #WWDAbbey
- 101 W. Hickory
- Queenie’s Steakhouse / #WWDQueenies
- 115 W. Hickory (Fri. only)
- Steve’s Wine Bar / #WWDStevesWine
- 219 E. Hickory
- Mellow Mushroom/#WWDMellowMushroom
- 217 E. Hickory
- Harvest House / #WWDHarvestHouse
- 331 E. Hickory (Fri. only)
- Greater Denton Arts Council/ #WWDDentonArts
- 400 W. Hickory (Sat. only)
- Spiral Diner / #WWDSpiralDiner
- 608 E. Hickory (Fri. only)
Recap of 2016 Wassail Weekend
Get ready to jump aboard and ride the local DCTA A-Train to the North Pole! It's the Holiday Express!
Denton County Friends of the Family are taking over the A-Train, in collaboration with the Denton County Transit Authority (DCTA), and turning it into a holiday themed train ride. This magical day of excitment will begin with a train ride on the Holiday Express (mimicking the old time favorite, The Polar Express) followed by brunch and family friendly activities at the "North Pole".
Saturday, December 2nd
9:00am - 1:00pm
Patterson-Appleton Center (Greater Denton Arts Council)
400 E. Hickory St, Denton TX 76201
General admission tickets will go on sell November 20th. Seats are limited! Make sure you're the first to know- sign up for our Holiday Express Newsletter.
Historic Home Tour
On Saturday December 2nd, from 1 to 5 p.m. The featured homes, representing several architectural styles, were built between 1895 and 1917 in an area within walking distance of the downtown square. Click on the button below for ticket information.