We have also received most of the money from the “Denton Gives to Hurricane Harvey” event from last Thursday (8-31) and have collected just over $17,000! Funds were sent to six charities who will use the money for everything from diapers, to food, to artists’ supplies, to pet needs. Also, Beth Maries’ provided ice cream to over 1,000 people, temporarily housed at the Dallas Convention Center, to “brighten their day.”
Thanks to all you who helped pull that event together on short notice. Special thanks go to Colin Grunewold, owner of The Palm Tree, for the idea, and to John Williams, owner of East Side and Oak Street Drafthouse, who did a lot of the foot work!
Shop For A Cause
On Thursday, August 31st, participating Downtown Denton merchants will donate 20% of sales to the Global Giving Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund as well as the SPCA of Texas. Please come out and give back to our Gulf Coast family.
Participating stores* include:
- Cartwright's Ranch House 111 N Elm St
- Bella Designs 318 East Oak - Suite 110
- Art Glass Ensembles 513 Bolivar St
- JT Clothiers 200 W. Oak St
- Donating 100% of all sales (Thursday 8/31)
- Hypnotic Donuts 235 W. Hickory St
- Harvest House 331 E. Hickory St
- The Abbey Inn Restaurant & Pub | Denton, TX 101 W. Hickory St
- The Famous Dumpling Bros Food Truck -Jar - 208 N. Austin St
- Norman Roscoe LLC 109 W. Hickory St
- Source Gaming Lounge 108 W. Congress St
- Zera Coffee 420 E. McKinney St. Suite 106
- Mi Casita Mexican Food 110 N. Carroll Blvd
- Essentials Day Spa 526 Bolivar St
- The Bearded Lady 208 N Austin St
- Hickory Street Lounge 212 E Hickory St
- Lucky Lou's Bar 1207 W Hickory St
- Cool Beans Bar & Grill 1210 W Hickory St
- Tom's Daquiri 1212 W Mulberry St
- Soma Massage Therapy 529 Malone St
- Budhi Tree Bodyworks 525 S. Carroll Blvd., Ste. 20
- Milpa Mexican Restaurant 820 S Interstate 35 E #101
- Leila's Food Truck 410 N. Bell
- The Palm Tree Boutique Denton 119 N. Elm St
- Beth Marie's Ice Cream 117 W. Hickory St
- Backyard on Bell 410 N. Bell Ave
- Bearded Monk 122 E McKinney St
- Denton County Brewing Company 200 E. McKinney St
- Pizza Snob 321 W. Hickory #108
- Wine Squared 110 W Oak St, Ste A
- Mulberry Street Cantina 110 W Mulberry St
- Denton Parlor - Jar - 110 W Oak St. Suite B
- More Fun Comics and Games 103 W. Hickory St
- Lucky Locks Beauty Bar 116 N Austin St
- Mellow Mushroom 217 E. Hickory St
- Shop the Barn 116 N. Locust St
- East Side Denton, TX 113 E. Oak St
- Oak St. Drafthouse 308 E. Oak St
- Barley and Board 100 W Oak St
- LSA Burger Co. 113 W Hickory St
- Paschall Bar 122 N Locust St Ste A
- Andy's Bar 122 N Locust St Ste B
- Rusty Taco Denton 210 E. Hickory St
- La Di Da 114 N. Locust St
- Bet the House BBQ 508 S Elm St
- The Dime Store 510 S Locust St
- Donations continue Friday & Saturday
- Bella Designs
- Recycled Books 200 N Locust ST
- Seniors in Motion
- Zera Coffee 420 E. McKinney
*This is a working list. We will update accordingly as we learn of more participating locations. Last update: Thursday 8/31/17 11:30AM
A brief message from Global Giving:
"Hurricane Harvey has caused widespread, catastrophic flooding and damage in Texas and along the Gulf Coast. This fund will provide relief to survivors in the form of emergency supplies like food, water, and medicine in addition to longer-term recovery assistance to help residents recover and rebuild. All donations to this fund will exclusively support relief and recovery efforts from this storm.
If you can’t participate in the shopping donations to Hurricane Harvey relief on Thursday, Inspire Yoga are collecting and delivering items from their two locations - 321 W. Hickory, #104, Denton or 1401 Shoal Creek, # 268, Highland Village - that have been requested:
- Underwear, socks, warm-ups, toiletries, hygiene products, baby wipes, bottles, diapers and other necessities.
From Audacity Brewing Company: "Our employee, Lauren, has a brother who is a fire fighter in Houston and is down there rescuing people. He has asked us to collect and deliver specific supplies. We are collecting the supplies thru Thursday and then driving them down. "
- Sweaters, socks, packaged food, blankets, pillows, towels, diapers, formula, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Ready-to-eat food, Comfort Kits, First Aid Supplies, Medical Gloves, Feminine Products, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Sanitizer, Men and Women's plus size clothing and new undergarments.
From Denton Parlor, " Denton Parlor is accepting Donations for Hurricane Harvey. What do we need? Hygiene Products, canned goods, clothes, blankets...anything helps! Let's all do our part to help our fellow Texans."
- Hygiene Products, canned goods, clothes, blankets.
From The Famous Dumpling Bros, "As you may already know that we have launched our beautiful second food truck! However, with the disaster that is going on in Houston, TX we have decided to go down there to cook hot fresh meals for the first responders. We are leaving Friday night -Monday and need your help getting the word out for donations! We need to purchase food before we go, gas expenses and much more. I have attached a link if there is any way you can blast this out, we would be so grateful! Please let me know if there’s anything you can do to help us, help our neighbors in Houston? Thank you!"
Other ways to donate and support couresty of the Denton Record-Chronicle: https://goo.gl/PPJBc2
Let's show the Gulf Coast how our Denton Family cares!