Arts & Autos Car Show Guidelines and Rules
Please note that in accordance with our festival rules and guidelines, advertising of any businesses at your assigned car show space will not be allowed. Exclusive advertising is a benefit for our sponsors. If you are interested in a sponsorship, please let us know.
20th Annual Arts & Autos Extravaganza – Entry Instruction
Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 9 am to 3 pm with awards at 2:30 pm on the Elm Street side of lawn
*** IMPORTANT REMINDER: THE STORES ARE GIVING UP THEIR CUSTOMER PARKING SPACES FOR THE SHOW THAT DAY. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS OF THEIR SIDEWALK SPACE.
PLEASE LEAVE PUBLIC WALKWAYS AND STORE DOORWAYS OPEN and ACCESSIBLE. Some stores will utilize their sidewalks for SIDEWALK SALES or PATIO DINING. Please check with the owner of the store when they open before setting up under their awning or in front of store. There will be stores that have more space than others. Please use chair umbrellas for extra shade.
Due to insurance policies, engines may NOT be running after vehicles are parked and MUST BE OFF 9 am to 3 pm. No one may leave in their vehicle before 3 pm. In event of an emergency, make arrangements to pick up your car after 3 pm.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ PARTICIPANT GUIDELINES AND RULES OF CONDUCT BELOW.
1. ENTRY for PRE- REGISTERED vehicles BEGINS AT 7:15 A.M. Vendors will still be unloading their vehicles, do not come in before 7:15 a.m.
Day of show registrations are allowed in at 8 am and it’s based on availability.
2. The ONLY access point to the Square will be through the barricade on South Locust Street at the intersection of Walnut Street before the Wells Fargo Bank building. See map below or use 101 S. Locust Street your GPS to find it.
3. HAVE YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION PARKING PASS READY to SHOW to ENTER. DO NOT park on the square before checking-in at the barricade.
4. DO NOT PARK IN SPACE ANYWHERE ORANGE CONES ARE LOCATED, as these are reserved for sponsor vehicles and vendors displaying in the street. DO NOT cross the barricades to park before 7:15 a.m. Anyone parked before that time may be disqualified from the show.
5. At 7:15 a.m. cars will be allowed to come through the barricade one at a time IF you are pre-registered and received it before the show.
6. Attendants will assist you if you do not have the pre-registration pass. Anyone not registered at all will need to pull in to right and park by bank and get registered before parking on square.
7. Parking is first-come, first-serve. All parking is within the square area (inside the barricades). Due to the large number of vehicles expected, please do not save parking spaces for anyone. If you wish to park with a group in your same class, it is suggested you arrive together at the same time to check-in. .
8. AFTER PARKING, you MUST go to CHECK-IN TABLE in Info Booth at the CORNER of LOCUST/HICKORY. Upon check-in, you will receive ONE entry decal with your entry # and one car show packet per registered vehicle. Packets will include: one voting ballot for Participants’ Choice, one t-shirt (for the first 150) and one goody bag (until supplies last). Check out the goody bag for special deals.
10. Judging begins at 9 a.m. No entries accepted after 9 a.m. Please plan to arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. The festival runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pre-registration or early arrival before 8:15 am is encouraged if you are not registered.
11. NO POP-UP SHADE TENTS over or next to cars. Feel free to bring chairs for sitting on the lawn under trees. We recommend umbrellas for shade.
12. Drive VERY slowly as you enter the square and when you leave that day. There will be pedestrians on the streets.
13. EXIT SLOWLY IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION of street traffic; please use the following routes when leaving the square:
Exit - NORTH on Locust; or SOUTH on Elm.
PLEASE DO NOT EXIT EAST ON HICKORY or East or West on OAK street, unless directed to do so.