Congratulations to the 3 top winners of Wassail Weekend 2016:
Wassail Queen - Discover Denton Welcome Center
Lady of Wassail - Dark Age Tattoo Studio
Duke of Wassail - i heart Denton
What is Wassail Weekend? It is just a fussy old English word for hot cider. Some downtown merchants will stir up their best recipe to give free tastings for all ages during the festivities of the annual Denton Holiday Lighting Festival, which falls on Friday, December 2, 2016 from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. and more downtown merchants will hold tastings on the following day, Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.. Friday night's festivities will be the festival and tastings.
For more information about Denton Holiday Lighting
Schedule for Saturday Dec. 3rd
- 1 p.m. - Tastings start at Saturday participating locations until 4:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - DentonRadio.com will air on the square featuring The Wild Coconuts playing acoustic Christmas tunes
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Oak Hickory Historic Home Tour - see info below.
- 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Selfies with Santa at various off-the-square Wassail Stops (Santa will be each place 15-20 minutes):
- 1 p.m. – Mellow Mushroom, 217 E. Hickory
- 1:25 p.m. – Seniors in Motion, 111 Industrial
- 1:50 p.m. – Noles General Store, 315 E. Hickory
- 2:20 p.m. – Massage on the Square and Escaping the Square, 108 E. Oak
- 2:50 p.m. – Faded Blue, 1100 N. Locust
- 3:20 p.m. – A Creative Art Studio, 227 W. Oak
- 3:45 p.m. – Agua Dulce, 115 S. Elm
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Roaming musicians Dave White and Link Chalon on East Hickory/Industrial Street area.
- 4:30 p.m. - Voting ends so be sure to stop by the Discover Denton Welcome Center, 111 W. Hickory to cast your vote or vote online below.
How to vote for your favorite Wassail Stop
- Vote right here by clicking Vote Online
- Vote through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by posting a photo of your favorite Wassail and tag your favorite spot by using their hashtag from the list below.
- Paper ballots are available at the Wassail Info table at the Discover Denton Welcome Center, 111 W. Hickory.
- ballots must be turned in at the Discover Denton Welcome Center
*All voting must be completed in by 4:30 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 3rd to be eligible for drawings.
Participants List and voting #'s 2016
WASSAIL STOPS ARE OPEN FRI., 5:30 PM TO 8 PM AND SATURDAY, 1 PM - 4:30 PM. VOTE BY 4:30 PM SATURDAY.
SOME STOPS ARE ONLY SERVING ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY AND ARE NOTED. ALL OTHERS ARE SERVING ON BOTH DAYS.
- Denton Music Workshop, 221 N. Locust (Friday only)
- The DIME Store, 510 S. Locust (Friday only)
- Faded Blue, 1100 N. Locust
- First United Methodist Church (Friday only)
- la di da Boutique, 114 N. Locust (Friday only)
- Shop the Barn, 116 N. Locust (Friday only)
- Paschall Bar, 122 N. Locust
- Recycled Books, Records & CDs, 200 N. Locust (Friday only)
- Mulberry Street Cantina, 110 W. Mulberry (Friday only)
- Game Changers Arcade and Sports Grill, 122 W. Mulberry
- A Creative Art Studio, 227 W. Oak
- Bearded Monk, 122 E. McKinney
- Barley & Board, 100 W. Oak
- The Candy Store, 110 B W. Oak (Friday only)
- Dark Age Tattoo Studios, 124 W. Oak
- East Side Denton, 113 E. Oak (Friday only)
- Escaping the Square, 109 E. Oak
- The (Ghost) Note, 120 W. Oak
- JT Clothiers, 200 W. Oak (Friday only)
- Massage on the Square, 108 E. Oak
- Oak Street Draft House, 308 E. Oak (Friday only)
- St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 300 W. Oak (Friday Only)
- Serendipity on the Square, 108 W. Oak
- Vintage Bleu Home, 221 W. Oak (Friday only)
- West Oak Coffee Bar, 114 W.Oak (Friday only)
- Wine Squared, 100 A W. Oak (Friday only)
- Agua Dulce Mexican Kitchen, 115 S. Elm
- Cartwright's Ranch House, 111 N. Elm (Friday only)
- Dusty's Bar & Grill, 119 S. Elm
- First People's Jewelers, 117 N. Elm (Friday only)
- Garden Gate WITH The Glasschroeder Agency, 121 N. Elm
- i heart Denton, 101 N. Elm (Friday only)
- The Palm Tree Boutique, 119 N. Elm (Friday only)
- UNT on the Square & UNT Dining Services, 109 Elm St. (Saturday only)
- Atomic Candy, 105 W. Hickory (Saturday only)
- Chestnut Tree Tea House & Bistro, 107 W. Hickory (Friday only)
- Discover Denton Welcome Center, 111 W. Hickory
- Harvest House, 331 E. Hickory
- Inspire Yoga, 321 W. HIckory (Friday only)
- LSA Burger Company, 113 W. Hickory (Friday only)
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza, 217 E. HIckory (Saturday only)
- Noles General Store, 315 E. Hickory
- Queenie's Steakhouse, 115 E. Hickory (Friday only)
- Steve's Wine Bar, 219 E. Hickory (Friday only)
- Whimsy Finds, 221 W. Hickory, (Friday only)
- Seniors in Motion, Inc., 111 Industrial St., (Saturday only)
Recap of 2015 Wassail Weekend
Historic Home Tour
This year, during Wassail Weekend the Denton Main Street Association is partnering with Historic Denton and Denton County Office of History and Culture to present a tour of six historic houses in Denton’s Historic District! On Saturday December 3rd, from 1 to 5 p.m. The featured homes, representing several architectural styles, were built between 1895 and 1917 in an area within walking distance of the downtown square.
Tickets are $20 for Adults who purchase in advance or $25 purchased on the day of the event, Student tickets are $5, and Children accompanied by an adult are free. A portion of the proceeds raised from this event will be used to fund historic street lamps on Hickory St from Welch Street to Carroll Street.
Ticket Purchase Locations
- Advance Purchase ($20) up to 12:00am Saturday December 3rd
- Discover Denton Welcome Center: 111 W. Hickory Street
- Online Link Below
- Day of the Event ($25) Saturday December 3rd
- The Bayless/Selby House: 317. W. Mulberry
- The Graham/Lomax House: 723 W. Oak
- The Simmons/Maxwell House: 607 Pearl