18th Annual Arts & Autos Extravaganza – Entry Instruction
Saturday, September 9, 2017 - 9 am to 3 pm with awards at 2:30 pm on the Elm Street side of lawn
*** IMPORTANT REMINDER: THE STORES ARE GIVING UP THEIR CUSTOMER PARKING SPACES FOR THE SHOW THAT DAY. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS OF THEIR SIDEWALK SPACE AND DO NOT PLACE CHAIRS OR OTHER ITEMS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF STORE WINDOWS OR DOORS.
PLEASE LEAVE PUBLIC WALKWAYS AND STORE DOORWAYS OPEN and ACCESSIBLE. Some stores will utilize their sidewalks for SIDEWALK SALES or PATIO DINING. Please check with the owner of the store when they open before setting up under their awning or in front of store. There will be stores that have more space than others. Please use chair umbrellas for extra shade.
Please note that in accordance with our festival rules and guidelines, advertising of any businesses at your assigned car show space will not be allowed. Exclusive advertising is a benefit for our sponsors. If you are interested in a sponsorship, please let us know.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ PARTICIPANT GUIDELINES AND RULES OF CONDUCT BELOW.
1. ENTRY BEGINS AT 7:15 A.M. Vendors will still be unloading their vehicles, do not come in before 7:15 a.m.
2. The ONLY access point to the Square will be through the barricade on South Locust Street at the intersection of Walnut Street before the Wells Fargo Bank building. See written directions below or use 101 S. Locust Street in your GPS to find it.
3. HAVE YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION PARKING PASS READY TO SHOW TO ENTER.
DO NOT park on the square before checking-in at the barricade.
4. DO NOT PARK IN SPACE ANYWHERE ORANGE CONES ARE LOCATED, and DO NOT cross the barricades to park before 7:15 a.m. Anyone parked before that time may be disqualified from the show.
5. At 7:15 a.m. cars will be allowed to come through the barricade one at a time. If you are pre-registered and received it before the show.
6. Attendants will assist you if you do not have the pre-registration pass OR if you are NOT Pre-Registered.
Anyone not registered at all will need to pull in and park by bank and get our to register before parking on square.
7. After entering, parking is first-come, first-serve. All parking is within the square area (inside the barricades). Due to the large number of vehicles expected, please do not save parking spaces for anyone. If you wish to park with a group in your same class, it is suggested you arrive together at the same time to check-in.
8. DO NOT park where you see orange cones, as these are reserved for sponsor vehicles and vendors displaying in the street.
9. AFTER PARKING, PLEASE GO TO THE CHECK-IN TABLE ON THE LAWN at the CORNER OF LOCUST/HICKORY. Upon check-in, you will receive ONE entry decal with your entry # and one car show packet per registered vehicle. Packets will include: one voting ballot for Participants’ Choice, one t-shirt, and one goody bag. Please remember only the first 150 registrants will receive a free t-shirt. Be sure to look inside the goody bag for special deals from sponsors.
10. Judging begins at 9 a.m. No entries accepted after 9 a.m. Please plan to arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. The festival runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pre-registration or early arrival before 8:15 am is encouraged if you are not registered.
11. NO POP-UP SHADE TENTS over or next to cars. Feel free to bring chairs for sitting on the lawn under trees. If you are sitting along the sidewalks, do not block business doorways, windows or access on their sidewalk. We recommend umbrellas for shade. No tents.
12. Due to insurance policies, engines may NOT be running after vehicles are parked and MUST BE OFF 9 am to 3 pm.
13. Drive VERY slowly as you enter the square and when you leave that day. There will be pedestrians on the streets.
14. EXIT SLOWLY IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION of street traffic; please use the following routes when leaving the square:
Exit - WEST on Oak; NORTH on Locust; or SOUTH on Elm. PLEASE DO NOT EXIT EAST ON HICKORY or OAK streets.
We look forward to seeing you!
DIRECTIONS TO DOWNTOWN DENTON:
Northbound on I-35 E: Take the Ft. Worth Drive / Hwy 377 exit, turn right/north onto Ft. Worth Dr.. Follow Ft. Worth Dr. (changes names to Carroll Blvd) to Eagle Dr. and turn right onto Eagle Dr. (at the QT). Go through the light at Elm and Eagle; the next street is Locust, turn left on Locust Street. Your check-in point will be at Locust and Walnut and you will only be allowed to enter the Square at this point.
Southbound on I-35 E: Take the Ft. Worth Drive / Hwy 377 exit, turn left onto Ft. Worth Dr.. Follow Ft. Worth Dr. (changes names to Carroll Blvd) to Eagle Dr. and turn right onto Eagle Dr. (at the QT). Go through the light at Elm and Eagle; the next street is Locust, turn left on Locust Street. Your check-in point will be at Locust and Walnut and you will only be allowed to enter the Square at this point.
Hwy. 380/University Dr.: From Hwy 380 East or West bound, go south on Carroll Blvd. to Mulberry Street, turn left on Mulberry St. and go to Locust St., turn left (north). Your check-in point will be at Locust and Walnut and you will only be allowed to enter the Square at this point.
If you are using a mapping program on the internet or a GPS, please enter 101 S. Locust Street, Denton, 76201 as the destination.